It’s the patented pivoting foot which sets this tool apart from other similar strainers. They all encounter friction against the post and so more effort is needed to stretch the wire. The Fence Wire Tensioning Tool experiences no such resistance and pulls the wire in a straight line so that you get maximum benefit from leverage.
- Attaches to and releases from the wire in one quick and easy movement.
- Single handed holding operation leaves the other hand free to hammer in staples.
- Works right or left handed – from either side of the post – above or below the wire.
- Only two moving parts – no accessories to get lost.
- Automatic adjustment to size and type of wire being stretched.
- Ribbed pivoting foot provides a really positive grip against the post when levering.
- Smooth jaws minimise damage to wire section and surface coating.
- Narrow profile gives easy access through stock wire (field fence) and game fence.
- Integral hook for hanging on wire to prevent tool loss in undergrowth.
- Quality manufacture in high carbon steel to BS EN ISO 9002.
Ease and speed of use
- Incredibly quick and easy to use.
- Tremendous pulling power when stretching.
- Grip and tension wire in one easy movement.
- Improves operator productivity, particularly when working alone.
- Ideal for contoured ground or difficult access in hedges and brush.
- Pull stock or game wire easily around corners.
- Work one post at a time if needed.
- Erect temporary fences and make repairs in minutes.
- Can be used with confidence by any user.
Concern for users Health and Safety
- Completely safe in operation – no wide closing surfaces to nip or trap the fingers.
- Wire tension controlled by operator – reducing the risk of snapping and recoil.
- Wire gripping does not rely on the strength of the operator – so reducing fatigue.
- No clamps or nuts to tighten, no handles to squeeze.
- Nothing to jam, snag or kick back when releasing tension.
- Tool weighs only 2.5Kg. – easy to carry and store.
- Plastic handgrip for positive and comfortable control.